Chatfield Farms - CLOSEOUT and Quick Move In homes!
6 Spring Cleaning Tips for a Fresh Home this Season
Step outside and take a breath of fresh, clean air — spring has arrived! What better way to celebrate the season of new beginnings than by freshening up your new construction home in Connecticut? From your window sills to your pillows, small changes can make a big difference in the overall feel of your living space.
This season, make some easy adjustments to your beautiful home to celebrate the best time of year!
Spring Cleaning Tips for 2021
- Welcome Home: Spruce up your outdoor welcome mat by hosing it down and letting it air-dry. Another effective way of stopping dirt in its tracks (no pun intended) is to use a mat on the inside of your door as well. If you already have one, vacuum both sides of it to really get the dirt out for a new season of visitors.
- Dust It Off: Even the most simple of tasks can make a big impact. Dusting off the surfaces of your home, from your coffee table to your kitchen counters to your window sills, can give your entire home a clean aura and feel. With a cloth, store-bought duster, or dusting gloves (our favorite!) get around places like coffee maker nooks, pictures frames, and vases.
- Scrub it Out: Believe it not, your trash can needs some cleaning love too… Although this might not sound like the most fun chore, you’ll be singing its praises once your trash can is as good as new. Completely empty your kitchen trash can, spray it with a disinfectant, scrub it with a toilet brush, and voila! The smells are long gone.
- Bedding Beauty: The place you go to for ultimate relaxation, your bed is one of the most special parts of your home. Refresh this space by switching out thicker, winter sheets and pillow cases for spring ones. Not to mention, a new look — like a light-colored duvet or spring-themed pillows — creates an entirely fresh vibe.
- Flower Power: The most prominent sign of spring, fresh flowers make this season so lovable. Whether in your primary bedroom, guest bathroom, living room, or kitchen, sweet-smelling flowers like lilacs, tulips, and daffodils make your home feel fresh, light, and beautiful… And most of all, as happy as can be.
- Gut Your Garage: It’s easy to let the things in your garage pile up, but it’s difficult to clean it all up… With the start of spring officially here, make it a point to tackle the garage! After sorting items into piles (keep, donate, sell, recycle), do a little dusting, sweeping, and wiping down, and it’ll be as good as new in no time.
There’s nothing as sweet as springtime scents and a little bit of sunshine! This season, make sure your EG home feels just as fresh as it does outside with a little bit of cleaning. We can’t wait to see how you spruce up your new construction home. From all of us at EG Home, have a happy and refreshing spring!
We always knew there was no place we’d rather build our new homes than beautiful Connecticut. Outsiders might define this state by spectacular scenery, quaint towns, and high-end amenities, but we know that the secret to Connecticut’s magic is not just its outer beauty, but its inner beauty — the people that live there. It’s people like you that make building homes in this one-of-a-kind place so unspeakably special. Thank you for choosing Connecticut as your home.