The 18 Top Turkey Trots in Connecticut
Thanksgiving is all about expressing gratitude, but turkey is a close second! Connecticuters love preparing feasts with time-tested family recipes, savoring a meal with loved ones, and also running in the name of turkey!
This year, turkey trots are back in all their seasonal glory! Get your exercise on Thanksgiving morning and burn all the calories you can so that you can “gobble ‘til you wobble” in the afternoon! The proceeds from most turkey trots go right back to charities, parks, and recreation centers serving the community.
Not a runner? That’s ok! Come out anyway and cheer on the participants — you might just see some funny costumed characters racing for the finish line. Turkey trots are festival seasonal favorites and there are plenty in Connecticut to join on Thanksgiving Day. It’s not too late to register!
Turkey Trots in Connecticut on Thanksgiving Day 2021
1) Bethel Turkey Trot | 5K run | Bethel, CT
2) Bottoms Up Organization 5K Turkey Trot | 5K run | Avon, CT
3) Boys and Girls Club of Ridgefield Turkey Trot | 5K, 1M run | Virtual Option | Ridgefield, CT
4) Branford Thanksgiving 5K | 5K run, Kids’ run | Branford, CT
5) Calf Pen Meadow PTA Turkey Trot | 3.4M, 3M, 2M, 1M run | Milford, CT
6) Commodore Hull Thanksgiving Day Road Race | 5K run | Virtual Option | Shelton, CT
7) Great Turkey Escape | 5K, 1M run | Redding, CT
8) Madison Turkey Trot | 5M run | Madison, CT
9) Malibu Fitness 5K | 5K run | Farmington, CT
10) Manchester Road Race | 4.7M run | Manchester, CT
(It’s the 85th year of this race — already 5000+ runners are registered!)
11) Rotary Club of Orange 5K Turkey Trot | 5K run | Orange, CT
12) Roxbury Road Race Series | 3.1M run | Roxbury, CT
13) Run Turkey Run | 5K run | Virtual Option | Hamden, CT
14) Shoreline Turkey Trot 5K | 5K run | West Haven, CT
15) Southbury Turkey Trot | 5K run | Kids’ run | Southbury, CT
16) Pequot Runners Thanksgiving Day Race | 5M run | Fairfield, CT
17) Turkey Day Trot 5K | 5K run | Stratford, CT
18) Webster Hill PTO Turkey Trot | 5K run | West Hartford, CT
We always knew there was no place we’d rather build our new homes than beautiful Connecticut. Outsiders might define this state by spectacular scenery, quaint towns, and high-end amenities, but we know that the secret to Connecticut’s magic is not just its outer beauty, but its inner beauty — the people that live there. It’s people like you that make building homes in this one-of-a-kind place so unspeakably special. Thank you for choosing Connecticut as your home.